Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Classroom Management on Pinterest


Summer break has begun and in my world that means spending a lot of time on Pinterest looking for new ideas for next year! Here are a few classroom management ideas that you could use in any grade level!


Sometimes when I'm on Pinterest, I often think to myself "That's so easy...why didn't I think of that?" Well, I have enough on my little mind everyday so it's nice to have a place where I can save all these great ideas! What was the world like before Pinterest? I tried to find the origin of this "Build A Puzzle" management tool but hit a dead end. {If this is your picture, I'd love for you to leave a link in the comments below!} Anyways, I wish I had found this about a month ago when my kinders were acting CRAZY! What a great way to get your students to work together to earn a reward! I'm going to be on the hunt for a lion puzzle that I can use next year! 


How many times have you heard your students say, "I'm done!" {Even though you've told them over and over to raise their hand...they still blurt out!} This Pinterest find is a great way to give your "fast" students more options and hopefully keep them from interrupting the rest of the class. The only change I would make for kinder/1st would be to add picture clues. {click on the image to be directed to Mrs. Heeren's Happenings blog for more information}


One of the perks I had in kindergarten was having a restroom in my class. Now, that I'm moving down the hall I won't have this luxury. Do I think this will work in first grade...I have NO clue but I'm going to try it out anyways! Now, I just need to find a few pink and blue cups....dollar store here I come! {click on the image to be directed to The Wizard of Boz blog for more information}


I LOVE the idea of having classroom coupons! What a great way to reward students and by the looks of these rewards it wouldn't cost much to keep the peace in your room. {Small rewards could be donated by parents to help out with cost!}  "A Cupcake for the Teacher" goes into more detail on her blog about ways to incorporate these coupons into your classroom. {click on the picture}


I'm one of those teachers that likes to have a quiet room especially during work time. This is such a cute visual for kids to follow. PS: I LOVE polka dots! {click on this picture to be directed to "Totally Terrific in Texas" blog for more details}


I hope you've enjoyed my finds! Make sure you click on my Pinterest button on the top-left of my blog to follow me for more fun and ideas!


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the class puzzle idea! I use a hall pass instead of the cups in my first grade class. It works like a charm! They know they can't leave without a pass. They lose a fuzzy if they dob't have the pass. It doesn't take long and they all have it figured out. Thanks for the graphics info. I need to get photoshop!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips