Saturday, December 29, 2012

December Rewind & Winter Freebie

Wow! Can you believe this year is already at an end? It amazes me how quickly time flies especially when you're having so much fun teaching kindergarten! Since joining the blogging world this past summer, I've learned so much from my fellow bloggers and my wonderful followers! I want to thank each and everyone of you for helping me become a better teacher! 

December was full of excitement this year. Here are few pictures to recap some of the fun we had...
Our Polar Express pajama day is probably one of my favorite days of the school year! The kids always look so cute in their pj's and I love how excited they get about one of my favorite books! Of course, I have a super cute picture of my lions in their pj's but after searching my flash drive numerous times I realized the pictures are on my school computer! (I'll have to update this post once I get back to school!)


My fabulous room mom made us some amazing hot chocolate for our special day! After teaching kindergarten for 10 years, I know that hot chocolate has to be enjoyed at our tables...I've seen one to many cups spill all over the floor! Of course, we made a BIG pillow pallet on the rug and watched the movie after drinking our fabulous hot chocolate! 
  
We had a special visitor this year from the North Pole! After lots of brainstorming, my lions named our elf "Elfie." The first thing my lions did every morning was look for Elfie.
 

He was a sneaking little guy!
 Elfie learned how to spell his name while visiting our class!

My new favorite Christmas book is  Mooseltoe by Margie Palatini! My kids had a blast creating their own "moostaches" for Christmas! Such a simple but great activity!  

Last but not least was our class Christmas party! We always try to keep things simple so this year we made Santa hats using an ice cream cone & marshmallows! My lions did such a great job following directions and making sure none of the icing went to waste! Can we say "SUGAR RUSH"? Good thing our party was at the end of the day!


Thank you for visiting! I have a few new products ready for January and a FREEBIE just for you! Click on the preview pictures for a direct link to my TPT store! 

I'm also having an "End of the Year" SALE...20% OFF EVERYTHING in my store until December 31st!



 Finally, your reward for making it through my LONG post! Thanks again and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Click on the preview picture to download your copy!

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE your sweet little blog!! Thanks sooo much for the fun freebee AND the reminder of the sale -- I am off to SHOP!! YEA!!

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your photos and the great sight word freebie. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just added most of these to my shopping cart. I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you blog! So glad you visited mine yesterday! I'm starting my Birthday Giveaway today. Up for grabs is a $15.00 Starbucks giftcard for every 25 new followers! Hope you'll help me spread the word! The giveaway ends January 22--My birthday! Thanks! I am you newest follower! Michele @ http://the-lightbulb-lab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nicole, I removed my previous comment due to a broken link and now I am going to rewrite my comment. I wanted to state that I am one of your biggest fans. I love your graphics and your blog. You are such an inspiration to me. Thank you so much for creating such a great learning environment for your young learners.

    The Convenient Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind words! You have made my day! As teachers, we don't always get the thanks we deserve. I'm your newest FB follower!

      Delete
  7. I just found you through Pinterest and now I'm your newest follower! Thank you for the freebie coloring--it looks like fun!
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips