Monday, November 12, 2012

Placemats, Guest Speaker, Freebies, & Clip Art

Wow, I can't believe that Thanksgiving is almost here! My kindergarteners have been working hard trying to prepare for our annual class feast this Thursday. Today, we started working on our turkey hand print placemats. The first step is to create a base for our hand prints and poem. I gave each child a big piece of brown construction paper and LOTs of little squares to create a colorful border. Some of my friends create patterns while others just simply glued random colors together. No matter what they decided to do, the placemats always turn out cute! You'll have to wait until Thursday to see the finished product!


We also had a special guest speaker today, Peter Bonner. Mr. Bonner is a traveling historian that does a great job teaching the kids about the Pilgrims & Indians. He brings tons of items for the kids to learn about and explore!
Don't we just look so awesome wearing our class shirts?


Here are a few other activities we'll be doing this week for Thanksgiving! If you see something you like, simply click on the picture and you'll be directed to the product! (FREEBIES)



 And finally, here's a Thanksgiving freebie from me!


In other news, I've created 3 new sets of clip art for the holidays! I hope you like them! (If you do, simply click on the pictures and you'll be directed to my TPT store.)
These cute letters are FREE in my TPT store!

4 comments:

  1. I love the little bonnets and hats for the kids! This looked like a great learning experience for them! :)
    Nicole
    Teaching With Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids really had a good time getting to touch and explore everything. Our county budget is tight so we have to have a lot of "in-house" field trips. We've been doing this one for the past 4 years. Thanks for stopping by!

      N

      Delete
  2. Super cute pictures! They look like they had so much fun learning.

    Jeannie
    The 2nd Grade Surprise
    Http://the2ndgradesurprise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I have an obsession with taking pictures! I always have so many to choose from at the end of every year for our slideshow! Thanks for stopping by!

      N.

      Delete

Blogging tips