Friday, November 30, 2012

Friday Flashback & Freebie

Having an entire week off of school for Thanksgiving break was wonderful but golly it was hard to get back into my school routine! I don't do well with down time...I thrive on having a daily schedule. This week we did one of my favorite units of the year, The Gingerbread Man! Here are few pictures of the different activities we did! 

Math Stations
Count, tally & graph gingerbread kids activity from Kindergarten Smorgasboard's Gingerbread Pack! Get it here by clicking on the product picture! Thanks Mr. Greg!


We also practiced our teen counting using my "Gingerbread Cookie Counting Book." My kids do such a good job counting this year and they love using colored pencils to color their book once they are done counting!  This book is part of my "Gingerbread Literacy & Math Pack". I have a picture with a direct link at the bottom of this post. Go get it so your kids can enjoy all my great gingerbread activities!


We also practiced identifying ordinal numbers and positions with this great cut & paste activity! Again, the kids are allowed to use colored pencils once they've completed their paper.(included in my "Gingerbread Literacy & Math Pack")
 


Not gingerbread related, but we practiced identifying 3D shapes with my "Spin to Win" game. (Click on the 3D Shapes pack below to get your own copy!)
 



Gingerbread Daily Five
Daily Five has been going great! We spent the first few weeks of school building our stamina and learning about each element of D5. Now, we are rocking it Here are a few activities we did this week. One of our independent activities was my "Gingerbread Words Match-Up." This activity helps build vocabulary and matching words skills. 


Another activity we did this week was Gingerbread "Stamp It". This activity is differentiated to meet the needs of all my lions! Some are stamping the entire CVC word while others are still working on beginning sounds. (My stamps are kept organized in a tackle box from Walmart...I used letter stickers to label each compartment. We never have any letter mix ups because the kids know exactly where the stamps go!)

 
 We also used my "Gingerbread Man" emergent reader for our guided reading lesson this week! My little "word detectives" identified and color coded all the sight words in this book! They are becoming such good little readers!

My lions love poems so of course I had to incorporate one into our activities this week. This activity is also differentiated...some lions located sight words in the poem while others located letters. Guess what....this activity is my FRIDAY FREEBIE!! Grab your own copy by clicking on the preview pictures below!

 
Grab your own copy of all these gingerbread activities HERE! Click on the cover picture and you'll be sent straight to my TPT store!
 

3 comments:

  1. So happy to have found you through Learning is Something to Treasure's giveaways! (And, I have a crush on Greg.) :) Your newest follower - Lisa
    Growing Firsties is having a giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lisa! I'm heading over to Growing Firsties right now to enter your giveaway!!! YAY!

      Delete
  2. Just joined your blog! Love your cute ideas! Please jump over to Krazy for Kindergarten at http://zcctraylor.blogspot.com/ and join mine, too!

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips