Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday Week-In-Review

What have my little lions been up to? Well, thanks for asking because they've been doing lots of learning over the past 2 weeks! (Yes, it has been that long since my last post.) Here's a picture story of all the great things we've been doing...

We started our Shape Unit in math this week. Here's a look at all the activities we've been doing during math stations. 


Emergent Reader Trace & Color Shape Book
 
 


Cut & Paste Shape Sort (independent group)
 
  
Yes, I'm one of those teachers that let's the kids work anywhere!
 Pattern Block Pictures (independent group)
 
 

"Candy Land" number & number words review game
   
 





 This is what my room looks like during math stations...my group are the ones on the rug. 
Of course I'm standing in the corner near my desk to take the picture. 
They don't even notice me with my camera anymore! 


Recess Time!
My kids are little posers now! 
If I take the camera outside, they all yell "Mrs. Lanier come take my picture"!

Yes, my kids bring their "shades" to school and get them out of their book bags right before we go outside!


 Last week's "Letter of the Week" craftivity!
We read "I Wanna Iguana" then made our own iguanas climbing uppercase I's!
They turned out super cute! I love hanging our work on our clothesline!
  
New Letter of the Week Pack at Teachers Pay Teachers!


 "Super Star" Sight Words
Step 1: build sight word on your card.


Step 2: Match the number on the card to your record sheet and write it!


 Record sheets were differentiated to help some of my lions with their handwriting.

Posers...the camera was out during Daily 5!
Some of my lions were able to do this activity independently.
 



iPad FRIDAYS have been here since the beginning of the month! My lions LOVE them! 



Freebie TIME!

 
Thank you for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Love your week! Such fun activities! Thank you for sharing all the great pics! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is the best! I have just spent an hour reading through all the posts and saying "wow!" Can you tell me where you found the super star sight words? I love that idea! You are amazing! Thanks for sharing!
    Cathy
    beagle2love@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cathy! I just wanted to let you know that my "Super Star Sight Word" activity is part of my "Out Of This World" pack on TPT. Here's the link....http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Out-Of-This-World-Literacy-Math-Activities Thanks for stopping by!

      Nicole

      Delete
  3. I just found your blog through kindergartenfaith and have started following. I love seeing what other teachers put in their stations. Thanks for sharing your classroom photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Nicole! It's Rachel from TeachingwithZ...I love the super star sight word activitiy! Can you tell me where you got it? Is it a teacher pay teacher item?

    --Rachel
    rdziegler@wsfcs.k12.nc.us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just loaded my "Out Of This World" pack on TPT! Here's the link...http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Out-Of-This-World-Literacy-Math-Activities "Super Star Sight Words" is included in the pack! Thanks for visiting!

      Nicole

      Delete
  5. When I tried to click your freebie it said I needed permission. Is there another place to get the freebie?

    Karissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Sorry about that...it should work now. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete

Blogging tips