Saturday, June 23, 2012

Classroom Bargains

My "BFF Yard Sale Adventure" didn't go as good as planned but I still got a few things and had fun riding around with my BESTIE! I spent some time last night on the computer (not a shocker) looking at the local newspaper and community website to map out my yard sale plan! It was all figured out! BESTIE picked me up early in her dad's truck (just in case) and we headed to Starbucks (our crack) for our morning Mocha Cookie Crumbles! We were focused and ready to make some bargains! The plan of action was to hit all the multifamily sales first....BUST!  There was NOTHING at any of them! My little teacher brain tried to think outside the box but the box was just junk at these sales! We were disappointed but hadn't given up yet! We starting driving through some of the neighborhoods we know really well and what do you know....NOTHING but crap-o-la! Last but not least we traveled to the outskirts of our county to a cute little country home. And this is what I found......
20 books for $2.00

Candy Land and a Penguin Pillow Pet (for "Read to Self")  
Only $1.50 for both! 


Grand Total (not including Starcrack)....$3.50! 

 I would love to hear about all the bargains you have 
found for your classroom!

2 comments:

  1. Starcrack- LOVE IT! It is my drug of choice also! I found your blog through a comment you made on another. I am your newest follower. I am starting something new on Tuesdays were I feature new bloggers. If you are interested stop by this post:
    http://funin1stgrade.blogspot.com/2012/06/extreme-blog-makeover-reveal-winners.html
    What I am talking about is at the end of the post. Cute, cute cute blog you have here!
    :) Dana
    Stop by & visit me @ Fun in 1st Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can not believe the bargains you got. I am going to have to start going to yard sales. This is a great way to get books-wow! My friend got lots of Dr. Seuss books at Goodwill. Good Job!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete

Blogging tips